Welcome!

We're so glad you're here to share our adventure as we enter the homestretch of our long road to adopting Sarah. We hope that family and friends will enjoy the news and photos of our trip to China to bring home our little girl.
Warmly, Debi & Bob

Thursday, August 23, 2007

Photos while we wait - Sarah's room

As I'm trying to figure out this blog-thing, I figured I'd share some photos. I'll start with the relevant ones -- Sarah's room. It's been ready for about 16+ months now, with little things added here and there since then. These photos are from several months ago, so they don't show the rocking horse (actually, a rocking butterfly), high chair, and cool carseat that are also crammed in. Basically, the room is at the "just add kid" stage.

The rocker isn't quite as plush as many, but it's an antique that I've always loved. Repainted and recovered, it fits right in. The books displayed above the closet are antique kids books I've collected over the years (mostly dog stories... surprise!).

Some moms-to-be get upset every time they walk by the empty room -- I just tell myself that I should enjoy looking at it while it's clean! I'm sure it won't be that way starting in a few months.

check out the little table and chairs -- they were mine from childhood! My own little Samsonite set -- it really lasted! Sarah will get my little rocker from childhood, too.
And here is her crib, made up with a red toile and cream bedding set.


No comments: